We have been recently notified that SoCal Water$mart is launching a new pilot program on March 18, 2019.
This pilot program will be for premium high-efficiency toilets (1.1 gallons per flush or less) installed in apartments built before 1994.
The pilot program will offer a flat rate of $250 per toilet. In addition to the standard terms and condition of the Regional program, this program will also have specific conditions the consumer must meet to receive the incentive.
The additional conditions are listed below:
- Tax assessment documents must be submitted showing the building was built before 1994.
- A pre-inspection must be completed by Metropolitan prior to work commencing. If a pre-inspection is not completed, the application will be void.
- A post inspection will be mandatory prior to payment.
- If the property has previously received a rebate for a toilet in any unit, even though some units may not have been retrofitted, that property is not eligible to participate in this pilot program.
- Contractors cannot apply directly for rebates.
- Applications will be cancelled if not completed within 60 days of project approval.
- Local agencies will not be adding additional funds
If you have a multi-family building within the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and are interested in participating in this program, please contact us today for a free consultation.